VIII JORMA PANULA Conducting Competition 2021
More information of registration for the competition will be announced.
1. The official name of the competition is the VIII International JORMA PANULA Conducting Competition, Vaasa, Finland.
2. Competitors must be citizens of European Union member states, Great Britain,Switzerland or a
Nordic country (Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden).
3. The upper age limit is 40 years. The competition is open to applicants born after 19th November year 1981.
4. Twenty competitors and three reserve competitors will be selected from among the applicants.
5. Application is made online on website https://www.panulacompetition.com/register. Applications must reach the Competition Office by 31th March 2021.
- Curriculum Vitae (please provide no more than 10 items).
- Please provide professional information, not exceeding 400 words.
- A copy of a valid passport.
- High resolution photo (new/recent), digital format jpeg, tiff (max 4 MB, resolution 300dpi).
- Video recording: Attached link which includes digitally recorded video material for downloading (on Youtube, Vimeo).
6. The video recording must include material that shows the competitor conducting an orchestra in rehearsal and concert situations, total length 20 minutes. (Visible from an orchestral musician's point of view, very low picture/sound quality can be discarded.)
7. The selection will be made on the basis of the recordings by the end of May 2021.
8. The non-refundable registration fee is 50 euros and must be paid together with the application (attach receip). A fee of 500 Eur will be later charged only from the 20 applicants chosen for the competition to cover 6 nights at a hotel chosen by competition organizer.